Ronda Rousey is an American professional wrestler and former mixed martial artist born on 1 February 1987, In Riverside, California, U.S.
She is the daughter of Ron Rousey and his wife AnnMaria De Mars. Her father was a soldier and her mother was the first U.S citizen male or female to win the world Judo championships. Ronda has two siblings.
She has dated many men including MMA fighter Brendan Schaub, Timothy DiGorrio, and Travis Browne.
She dropped out of her high school and earned the G.E.D at the age of 17, and became the youngest judoka in the entire Games.
Her mother became her first coach and made Ronda train really hard. She could not win a medal in the 2004 Olympic until she won a gold medal at the World Judo Championships, and also at the Pan American Judo Championships same year. Later she had gone on to win the bronze medal at the Junior World Championships and became the first U.S athlete ever to win two Junior World medals. In 2007, She had grabbed the gold medal at the Pan American games. In the same year, she won the silver medal. In 2008, She participated in 2008 Olympic game in Beijing, China. At there she had lost the quarterfinal to Dutch Edith Bosch, but eventually ended up earning a Bronze medal after she qualified for another match through the repechage bracket. She retired from Judo after 2008 Olympics. After her retirement, She had joined the Glendale Fighting Club and made her amateur debut in mixed martial arts in August 2010. Ronda had made her Strikeforce debut against Sarah D’Alelio in August 2011, At Las Vegas. Here she easily defeated D’Alelio by technical submission due to an armbar early in the first round. In August 2012, Ronda defended her Strikeforce title against Sarah Kaufman at Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman in California.
- She wanted to be a Marine Biologist.
- She won her Amateur MMA debut in 23 seconds.
- She is gamer girl.
- She is a coffee addict
- Ronda was the first American woman to medal in Judo at Olympics.
- She was the first-ever female athlete to guest anchor SportsCenter.
- In 2006, She had claimed the gold at the Birmingham World Cup in Great Britain, and also defended her Pan American Judo Championship title.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2004 and 2005, She received the Gold medal Pan American Judo Championships.
- In 2006, She received the Silver medal Pan American Judo Championships.
- In 2007, She received the Bronze medal in Pan American Judo Championships.
- In 2007, She received the Gold Medal Pan American Games.
- In 2007, She received the Silver medal World Championships.
- In 2008, She received the Bronze medal in Olympic games.
What can we learn from Her??
Like Ronda Rousey, Accept your failure and learn from failure, because from failure you can do better than before.