Sam Pitroda is an Indian telecom engineer and inventor born on 4 May 1942, In Titlagarh, Odisha, India.
Sam comes from Gujarati family. His family migrates from Gujarat to Orissa. His family impressed by Mahatma Gandhi and his Philosophy. He has seven siblings. He is the third of them.
He completed his school education at Vallabh Vidhyanagar In Gujarat. He completed his Master’s degree in Physics from Maharaja Sayajirao University in Vadodara. After completing master’s degree in Physics, He went to United State to earn master’s degree in Electrical engineering at Illinois Institute of Technology, In Chicago.
In the 1960s -1070s, He involved in the technology research work in the telecommunication. In 1966, He went to Chicago for GTE work. In 1974, Pitroda started worked with the first digital switching company named Wescom Switching, Where he developed 580 DSS switches. In In 1984, He was invited to return India by the Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. In 1987, He became the advisor of the Indira Gandhi’s Successor Rajiv Gandhi and he was responsible for India’s foreign and domestic telecommunication policies. In 1990, He returned to Chicago for his Business interest. In July 2009, He has invited by the government of India to head an expert committee on ICT in Railways. In October 2009, He appointed as an advisor of PM of the India, Manmohan Singh. In August 2010, He appointed as a chairman of the National Innovation Council. In 2013, He selected as Chancellor of Central University of Rajasthan by the President of India.
- His full name is Satyanarayana Gangaram Pitroda.
- He called as “The father of India’s communication revolution”.
- In 1990, He founded the Institute of Transdisciplinary Health Sciences and Technology, near Bangalore, India, with Darshan Shankar, which promote the Ayurveda, India’s Traditional medicinal knowledge.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2009, He honored the Padma Bhushan by Government of India.
- In 2008, He honored with D.sc by Andhra University.
- In 2002, He received the Lal Bahadur Shastri National award.
- In 2002, He received the lifetime achievement award.
What can we learn from him?
Like Sam Pitroda, Everyone should have life goal for becoming successful. without the goal, no one can get success. work hard to fulfill your goal.