Sarah Palin is an American politician who served as the ninth Governor of Alaska, from 2006 to 2009 born on February 11, 1964, In Idaho, U.S.
She is the daughter of Charles R. Heath and Sarah Heath. Her father was a science teacher and field coach. Her mother was a school secretary. She has three siblings.
On 29 August 1988, She married her high school sweetheart Todd Palin. The couple has five children.
She had attended the Wasilla High School. She enrolled at the University of Hawaii at Hilo after high school and soon transferred to Hawaii Pacific University in Honolulu and later to North Idaho College. She finally completed her bachelor’s degree in communications with an emphasis on journalism from the University of Idaho in Moscow in May 1987.
In 1992, She entered politics by earning a seat in the Wasilla City Council. From the very beginning of her political career, Palin has been a Republican. Palin ran for mayor of Wasilla in 1996, successfully defeating incumbent mayor John Stein. In this position, She reduced spending and cut property taxes while raising the city sales tax. She ran for re-election against Stein in 1999 and had won another term as the mayor. Palin ran for the Republican nomination for lieutenant governor of Alaska in 2002 but lost. Ever the gritty soul, She set her aims higher and ran for the office of governor of Alaska in 2006. She protested abortion and stated that sex education should be made mandatory in schools. She released her memoir, Going Rogue: An American Life in November 2009. The book elaborates on her private and public life, including her tenure as the governor and her controversial resignation. In 2010, She released her second book, titled America by Heart.
- She is born as Sarah Louise Heath.
- Sarah Palin once carved a perfect likeness of the Mona Lisa in a block of ice using only her teeth.
- A pretty girl, She won the Miss Wasilla beauty pageant in 1984 and then finished third in the Miss Alaska pageant.
- Sarah Palin proved to be a very popular politician as the Governor of Alaska. In this position, She had focused on resource development, education and workforce development, public health and safety, and transportation and infrastructure development.
- In 2008, Her family received considerable media attention when it had revealed that her teenage daughter had pregnant out of wedlock. The girl ultimately gave birth to a son.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2008, She received the Distinguished Alumni Achievement.
What can we learn from Her??
Like Sarah Palin, Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, But about your unfulfilled potential.