Sean Paul is a Jamaican dancehall rapper, singer and record producer born on 9 January 1973, In Kingston, Jamaica.
He is born to Garth Henriques and Frances Henriques. His mother is a famous painter. Sean comes from multi-ethnic family and was raised Catholic.
In 2012, He married his long-time girlfriend Jodi Stewart, who is a Jamaican TV host. On 26 February 2017, He announced the birth of their first son, Levi Blaze.
He had gone to the Wolmers High School for Boys before going to the Hillel Academy High School. After school, He had enrolled at Jamaica’s College of Arts, Science, and Technology from where He had earned a degree in hotel management.
A music lover from an early age, He had chosen to continue a career in music despite his brilliant academic and athletic records. He had begun rapping at local parties and bars where He had got noticed by the producer Jeremy Harding who had been impressed with the youngster’s talent. In 2000, He had launched his debut album “Stage One”, which had been well-received by the audiences. In 2002, He had released his second album, ‘Dutty Rock’. In 2005, He had released his third album named, ‘The Trinity’ which topped at No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Top Reggae Albums. The album highlighted the songs ‘We Be Burnin’, ‘Ever Blazin’, and ‘Temperature’, all of which had been big hits. In 2006, The video of ‘Give It Up to Me’ also appeared in the movie ‘Step Up’. His 2009 album ‘Imperial Blaze’ had been very popular not just in Jamaica, but also on the international front. It reached No.1 in Japan and had also been certified gold in France where it debuted at No.8. It had among the Top Ten Albums in other countries like United Arab and Canada as well.
- Sean Paul Francis Henriques is his full name.
- He had Nominated for 4 awards at the 2006 Billboard Music Awards.
- He is the big fan of Priyanka Chopra.
- His album named ‘Dutty Rock’ had been the one that started his career and popularized him as a reggae star. The album had produced two No. 1 singles and which had become an international phenomenon with worldwide sales of over 6 million copies.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2004, He had won the Grammy Award for Best Reggae Album for ‘Dutty Rock’.
- In 2004, He won the International Reggae and World Music Awards.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Sean Paul, Always think positive, help others.