Serena Williams, who is an American professional tennis player and ranked No. 1 in the Women’s Tennis Association born on 26 September 1981, In Saginaw, Michigan, U.S.
She is the daughter of Richard Williams and his wife Oracene Price. She has four siblings, Venus Williams, Yetunde Price, Isha Price, and Lyndrea Price.
She romantically involved in many affairs. On 29 December 2006, She engaged with Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian and married with him. The couple has one daughter, Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr.
She had been homeschooled by his father with her sister Venus Williams, She completed her graduation at The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale in the US.
Williams Started playing Tennis at the age of three. She joined the Tennis Academy of Rick Macci. Where she developed his playing skill and talent. In 1991, She played United States Tennis Association Junior and had scored 46-3 rank ranked first in the 10 and under division. In 1995 at the age 14, She started to play as a professional tennis player at Bell Challenge.She had received her first victory at the Ameritech Cup Chicago, In this, she had defeated two players in the Top 10 but lost the semi-finals. She made her debut in Grand Slam Tournament at the Australian in 1998. In the same year, she recorded at the mixed doubles titles at Wimbledon and the US Open. In 1999, She and her sister in partnership recorded a victory at doubles in the French Open and US Open. The year 2002 was the lucky year for Serena as she had gone on to win the French Open, the Wimbledon, and the U.S Open. In the finals of all these three Grand Slam championships, she had defeated her sister Venus Williams. In 2000, The William sisters had not only won their first Wimbledon title but had also teamed up for their first victory at the Sydney Olympics, wherein they bagged a gold medal in doubles. She also won the doubles titles at Australian Open in partnership with her sister. In 2003, She again won the Australian Open titles and again had to lose her sister in the final. She had gone on to record a victory at the 2008 US Open singles tournaments by losing Jelena Jankovic. She had ended the year with the world no. 2 and four singles titles, that was her best ever since her comeback. In 2011, She had taken the break from tennis due to the health issue, she had the blood clot in one of her lungs.For that, she kept away from playing tennis for several months. In 2012, She returned and recorded victory at the Wimbledon and US Open singles tournament. The year 2017, She had defeated her sister Venus Williams to win the Australian Open. It was the 23 Grand Slam singles title of her career.
- Her favorite city is Rome.
- Tiger and dogs are her favorite animals.
- His middle name is Jameka.
- Mariah Carey and Brandy are Serena’s favorite singers.
- She helped to build a school in Uganda.
- In 1999, She won the US Open, She became the first black woman to win a Grand Slam tournament.
- she has been ranked No. 1 in the world five times and she won the more prize money than any other female tennis player.
- Serena Williams wore a Catsuit, Causing a Stir in 2002, U.S. Open.
- On many occasions, Serena has been Criticized for her choice of outfits both on and off the Tennis court.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2000, She received the Laureus World Sports award.
- In 2002, She won the Associated Press Female Athlete of the Year award.
- In 2003, She received the best female Athlete ESPY award.
- In 2009, She won the Associated Press Female Athlete of the Year award.
- In 2011, She received the Best Female Tennis Player ESPY award.
- In 2013, 2015, She received the Best Female Tennis Player ESPY award.
What can we learn from her??
Like Serena Williams, Train yourself to win. Set your goal in your mind.