Shaan, His real name is Shantanu Mukherjee, Who is Indian playback singer born on 30 September 1972.
His father name was Manas Mukherjee, who was music director and his mother name was Sonali Mukherjee. Shaan has one sister Sagarika. He comes from Bengali Brahmin family.
Shaan married Radhika Mukherjee. The couple has two sons, names are Soham and Shubh.
Shaan had begun his career jingles for advertisements as a child age. In 1989 at the age of 17, Shaan sang a single line in the song “Kitni Pyari Pyari Dosti Hamari”. By signup with Magnasound records company, Shaan and his sister had started their career, and they recorded some successful albums, in which their hit album named Naujawan, followed by Q – Funk. After sometimes, In 2000, Shaan launched his first solo album named “Tanha Dil”. After the three years, he launched his second album Aksar, Which was successful. In 2004, He launched Tomar Akash Bengali Album with his sister. Apart from singing, He gave his voice to many actors like Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgan, Sunil Shetty, Arjun Rampal, Akshay Kumar, Hrithik Roshan, Saif Ali Khan and many other Bollywood actors. Shaan has also sung a playback singer in most popular Bollywood movies such as Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi, Lakshya, Kante, Dil Chahta Hai, Kal Ho Na Ho, Hum-Tum, 3 Idiots, Munnabhai M.B.B.S and many another hit movies. He has also many hit songs in Kannada films. Between 2000 to 2006, Shaan Hosted television show Sa re ga ma pa. singing show on Zee Tv. Shaan is one of the Indian singers who collaborate with the International Singers. In summer 2012, Shaan performed live for the first time in the concert Birmingham and London with Atifaslam, Malaika Arora Khan, and Bipasha Basu. In 2013, Shaan was one of the 4th finalists in the dance show Jhalak Dikhlaja.
- Before starting his music career, He worked at a boutique shop.
- He is the Ambassador of the Salaam Bombay NGOs Anti-tobacco campaign.
- He had argued with Mika Singh during star plus reality show Music Ka Maha Muqabla.
Awards and achievements:
- In 2000, He won the MTV Asia Music Award.
- In 2004, He received the Zee Cine award and Best playback singer in a male.
- In 2007, He won the Bollywood movie award and Filmfare award.
- In 2008, He received the IIFA award.
- In 2009, He received the Star Parivar award for the favorite host.
What can we learn from him??
Like Shaan, Always follow your heart and do your work with passion. Learn from your elders.