Sharon Osbourne is an English television host, media personality, television talent competition judge, and businesswoman born on 9 October 1952, In California, U.S.
She is the daughter of Don Arden and Hope Shaw. Her father was a Music Promoter and manager, he was a very violent person. She has one brother David.
In 1982, She married a singer, Ozzy Osbourne. Their marriage had been troubled from the very beginning, characterized by alcoholism, drug abuse, and violence. In spite of their turbulent married life, They have remained together all through the years. They have three children.
She had met Ozzy Osbourne When her father used to manage his group, Black Sabbath. In 1979, Ozzy had been fired by her father after an episode of substance abuse. Sharon had taken him as her client and began managing his career. This infuriated her father and the two had been separated for years. After Ozzy had been kicked out of his band, She had helped him to hire a talented backing band comprising of Randy Rhoads, Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake with whom He would release his solo album. Ozzy’s solo album titled, ‘The Blizzard of Ozz’ had been out in 1980 and also had a huge hit. She had set up her own ability management company, Sharon Osbourne had Management. Through this, She became guides the careers of her husband, children and also of several other acts like The Smashing Pumpkins, Coal Chamber, Queen, Gary Moore, etc. Becoming a celebrity, She had received offers to host her own show. The U.S. version of ‘The Sharon Osbourne Show’ had been a directed show that ran for one season in 2003-04. The U.K. version of the show had been aired on ITV in 2006 and taken off air in 2007.
Once she had suffered from colon cancer and had since successfully recovered. She established the Sharon Osbourne Colon Cancer Program at Cedars Sinai Hospital in 2004.
- Her full name is Sharon Rachel Osbourne.
- Starting out as the wife and manager of the singer Ozzy Osbourne, Sharon had become a businesswoman in her own right by forming the talent management company, Sharon Osbourne had Management which had been managed the careers of not just her husband and children, but also of others like Queen, ELO and Gary Moore.
- She had pulled the plug on Iron Maiden’s set three times in one show.
- She had also harassed the singer, Bruce Dickinson, and threw eggs at the band.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2006, She received an award for her Her autobiography “Extreme’ was named the Biography of the year” at the British Book Awards.
- Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne had been honored for their contribution to the music industry with a Silver Clef Award at a ceremony in London.
What can we learn from Her?
Like Sharon Osbourne, Always think positive. Go forward in your life. never disappointed.