The world-famous television actress Smriti Malhotra who is known as ‘Tulsi Virani’, was born on 23 March 1976.
Her father Ajay Kumar Malhotra who is Punjabi Khatri and Mother Shibani who is Bengali. she has three sisters. Smriti is eldest among three sisters. She comes from cross-cultural middle-class family.
In 2001, She married a Parsi entrepreneur Zubin Irani. They have two children, One son name is Zohar and Daughter name is Zoish.
After class 10, She had earned 200 rs a day by promoting beauty products to help her family financially. She passed her 12 class from Holy Child Auxilium School in New Delhi. After 12 class, She continues her education at the University of Delhi, Delhi.
She decided to come out from the middle-class norms. In 1998, She decided to participate in Miss India contest, but unluckily she could not reach final. After this, she decided to come to Mumbai and tried her luck. In Mumbai, she worked at McDonald’s to earn money for herself. She started to give auditions in the entertainment field.
In 2000, She appeared in album song “Boliyan” of ‘Sawan Mein Lag Gayi Aag”.
In mid-2002 Smriti won the lead role as a Tulsi Virani in the very popular tv serial ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’, which was produced by Ekta Kapoor. She got much popularity from this tv serial. In 2001, She played the character as a Sita in “Ramayana “on Zee TV. In 2003, she joined the Bharatiya Janata Party. In 2004, she was appointed as the Vice-President of the Maharashtra Youth Wing. In 2004, She had been fighting as a BJP candidate against Kapil Sibal from Chandni Chowk. In 2006, She co-produced the show ‘Thodi Si Zameen Thoda Sa Aasmaan’. In this, She played a lead role.
In 2008, She hosted the dance based reality show ‘Yeh Hai Jalwa’, with Sakshi Tanwar. In 2009, She appeared in comedy show ‘Maniben.com’ on SAB TV. In 2010, She became the National Secretary of the Party and the President of Party’s Women’s Wing. She worked in Bengali film “Amrita”, In 2012. She was appointed as the BJP’s Vice-President in 2012. In 2014, After looking her leadership, BJP gave her ticket to fight against Rahul Gandhi.
On May 26, 2014, Smriti became the Union Minister of Human Resource Development.
- She wanted to be Journalist.
- She was the part of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) from childhood.
- She is the youngest person in the PM Modi’s cabinet.
- In June 2016, She announced that she started new yoga department in six new Universities.
- She had to face a lot of heat at the opposition parties and media over her selection of HRD. That was regarding her educational qualification. Media and opposition parties told she was not qualified enough and not eligible to the HRD post.
- In 2004, Smriti had said, She had been Bachelor’s of Arts Degree from the school of Correspondence, Delhi University. But In 2014, She had declared that she had Bachelors of commerce part 1 degree from University of Delhi.
Award and Achievements:
- She won the best TV personality of the decade award in 2014.
- She won the continuously 4 times Indian Television Academy award in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 for her role of “Tulsi Virani” in ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’.
- She won the Indian Telly award in 2002, 2003 and 2004.
- She awarded “Women Achiever’s Award” In 2005.
What can we learn from her?
if you want to become a more successful in life, You have to work patiently. Start with small works or small business. Don’t jump for more success directly.