Sonu Nigam is famous Indian Musician and singer, also known as the composer, music producer, music programmer, live performer born on 30 July 1973, In Faridabad, Haryana, India.
His father, Agam Kumar Nigam And his mother Shobha Agam Nigam. He has two sisters, Meenal and Nikita. Sonu comes from Hindu Kayastha Family.
On February 2002, Sonu married to Madhurima Banerjee. They have one son, Neevan.
Sonu completed his school education at J. D. Tytler School in Delhi and graduated from Delhi University.
Sonu started his singing career at the age of four with his father on stage to sing “Kya Hua Tera Wada”. In 1990, At the age 18, He moved to Mumbai with his father to started his career in Bollywood music, where he trained under the Hindustani classical singer Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan. At the teenage, He took part in various musical competitions and won most of them. He got his first break for playback singing in the film Janam but unfortunately, the film was not released. After Gulshan Kumar offered him a singing contract for his upcoming project ‘Bewafa Sanam” song was Achha Sila Diya Tune. it became a huge hit. In 1992, He released his first album “Rafi Ki Yaadein”. After this, He sang in many movies such as Muqabla, Meherban, Shabnam, Aag, Khuddar, Hulchul, Stuntman, Ramjaane, Gaddar and many other.
He was supposed as a playback song “Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh” from 1942 Love Story. He started his acting career in movies in 2002 from Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani, Kash Aap Hamare Hote, and Love in Nepal. He provided playback singing in many Hindi movies including title song of Kal Ho Na Ho in 2003, and Agneepath, In 2012. In 2007, He released his second collection of Rafi’s songs titled ‘Kal Aaj Aur Kal’ with over 100 songs.
Sonu hosted the television singing show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa from 1995 until 1999. In October 2007, Also worked on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs International as a Judge. On 12 December 2009, Sonu was the celebrity judge on the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Mega Challenge grand finale. He also appeared as a judge in Indian Idol season 1 and 2, and celebrity judge in season 3 and 4. In August 2007, He appeared as the celebrity judge on Amul STAR Voice of India On July 2010, Sonu worked as a judge on Chhote Ustaad – Do Deshon Ki Ek Awaaz and the first season of X factor.
- Sonu is master of regional Language.
- He can sing in Hindi, Bengali, Oriya, Kannada, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and many other languages.
- At the age of four, He performs on stage for the first time with his father.
- In 1999, He won the first Film fare award.
- Nigam deleted his Twitter account on 24th May 2017, citing a lack of respect for freedom of speech.
- Sonu Nigam tweet on the use of loudspeakers for Azaan at mosques.
- Sonu again tweeted “everyone has the right to an opinion, except a celebrity”. His tweet comes on at the time when Amir Khan’s statement on intolerance in India ended up getting widespread criticism.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2016-2012, He received the Lions Gold award for Favorite Evergreen Singer.
- In 2015, He won the Socialisation Person of the Year award.
- In 2013, He won the Zee Cinema Award for Best Male Playback Singer.
- In 2011, He received the Gitanjali WoW Award for Live Personality in Music.
- In 2005, He received the Teachers’ Achievement Award.
What can we learn from him??
Like Sonu Nigam, Never out from your problems, face your problems and try to solve it.