Sridevi Kapoor, Who was greatest Indian film actress and Producer and known as “Chandani of Bollywood” born on 13 August 1963, In Sivakasi, Tamilnadu, India.
She was the daughter of Ayyapan Yanger and his wife Rajeswari Yanger. Her father was a lawyer from Sivakasi. She had one sister Latha and two stepbrothers, Anand and Satish.
In 1996, She had married Producer Boney Kapoor after a long time of the relationship. They got married in a simple temple wedding. They have two daughters, Jhanvi Kapoor and Khushi Kapoor. Boney has two children from his previous wife Mona Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
In 1967, She had started his career as a child actor at the age of four in the Tamil movie, “Kandan Karunai” In 1970, she had made her debut in Tollywood as a child artist in the Telugu film “Maa Nanna Nirdoshi”. Later she worked in several Tamil and Telugu films such as “Nam Naadu”, “Prarthanai”, “Babu”, “Badi Panthulu”, and many others. In 1974, She had made her debut in Kannada film “Bhakta Kumbara” later he performed in some Kannada films as a child actor. In 1979, She had made her Hindi Film debut as Heroine in Hindi Film “Solva Sawan”. After four years, She had been signed to opposite Jitendra in the film “Himmatwala”, Which became one of the biggest superhit films of the year. The pair of Sridevi and Jeetendra had been done 16 films together, Himmatwala, Jaani Dost, Mawaali, Akalmand, Tohfa, Aulad, Suhagan, Ghar Sansar, Sone pe Suhaga, and any other films. Sridevi and Rajesh Khanna also playing some successful films including Naya Kadam, Maqsad, Masterji, and Nazrana. In the Nagin film, Sridevi played a role of Ichadhari Nagin, Which was the second biggest blockbuster film of the year. She had also worked with Feroze Khan in his movie JanBaaz. In that movie, She having a guest appearance. During 1987 to 1996, She played in many hit films like Mr.India, from Mr, India she had been called Hawa Hawai girl, She worked in ChaalBaaz movie, Chandani, Chandani was the biggest blockbuster film of 1989. In 1991, she had worked in Lamhe movie, co-star Anil Kapoor. In 1992, She had worked in Khuda Gawah with Amitabh Bachchan, Later she worked in Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja, Gumrah, Judaai, Laadla, and many superhit films. After some years of break, she had appeared in the film English Vinglish, Comedy Drama film in 2012. She became the only actress in the Bollywood to make the successful comeback. In 2017, She worked her Home production film MOM. which is her last movie.
Sridevi died on 24 February 2017 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. there is some mystery behind her death. An early report that the cause of death was a cardiac arrest and later the forensic report called, Sridevi died of accidental drowning in a bathtub in her room.
- Her real name was Shree Amma Yanger Ayyapan.
- She won her first Filmfare award for the Tamil movie.
- She had been suffering from the high fever while she shooting a song for the Chalbaaz movie, “Na Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai..”
- The legendary Sridevi had been one of the greatest actresses in the Bollywood, Who melted many hearts with her best performance and she had been recognized the “First Female Superstar”.
- Sridevi had been Criticized for hiding her marriage with Mithun Chakraborty, However, when the Fan Magazine published their marriage certificate, its made a controversy.
- Her marriage to Boney Kapoor had made a controversy as Boney Kapoor was already married, Mona Shourie Kapoor.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1990, She received the Filmfare Best Actress award for the Chandni Movie.
- In 1991, She had received the “Order of Afghanistan” for the Khuda Gawah Movie.
- In 1992, She received the Filmfare Best Actress Award for Lamhe Movie.
- In 2013, She had received the Padma Shri from the Government of India.
- In 2013, She received the Empress of Indian Cinema award from TSR-TV9.
- In 2017, She received the Best female actor award for MOM Movie.
What can we learn from Her??
Like Sridevi, Keep your family first in your life. Always Dream big, Live your life on your own terms.