Stephen King, who is an American author of horror, Supernatural fiction, Suspense, Science fiction, and fantasy born on September 21, 1947, In Portland, U.S
He is the son of Donald Edwin King and Donald Edwin King. His father left the family when Stephen was two years old leaving his wife to provide for herself and her two sons.
In 1971, He married Tabitha Spruce, A fellow student at the University of Maine. The couple has three children, two sons, and one daughter.
He completed his school education from Lisbon Falls High School. In 1966, He enrolled at the University of Maine and completed his graduation with the Bachelor’s of Art in English in 1970. He managed to do part-time jobs to continue his education. He earned a certificate to teach high school after leaving university.
In 1971, he founded a job as an English teacher at a public school Hampden Academy. He continued writing in his free time. He had to work on a novel called Carrie but was frustrated that it seemed to go nowhere. In 1977, He had delivered Novel ‘The Shining’ which turns around a young boy who possesses psychic abilities that allow him to witness the past horrors that had happened in the hotel he is staying with his parents. In 1987, King wrote a psychological horror novel Misery which is about a writer who is abducted by a crazy fan who is upset with the ending of one of his books and takes him to rewrite the story. Published in 2001, his novel Black House had written in collaboration with another writer, Peter Straub. The story is a chilling fiction of a serial killer who had targets children and eats their dead bodies. Some of his more modern novels include The Dark Tower: The Wind Through the Keyhole (2012), Joyland (2013), and Mr. Mercedes (2014).
- Edwin is his middle name.
- He’s a hardcore red sox fan.
- The Shining is the novel which had played a major role in making him a famous writer of horror thrillers. It had his first bestseller which had later made into a movie of the same name by director Stanley Kubrick.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1978, He received the ALA Best Fiction for Young Adults.
- In 1980, He received the World Fantasy Convention award.
- In 1987, He received the British Fantasy Award.
- In 1990, He received the Bram Stoker award.
- In 1992, He received the World Horror Convention Grand Master award.
- In 2005, He received the German Fantastic Prize and Quill awards.
- In 2010, He received the Black Quill award.
- In 2014, He received the Goodreads Choice award.
- In 2015, He received the Edgar award.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Stephen King, Don’t give your power away. Remember that each story is a journey you chose to take for a reason.