Steve Case is an American Investor, Entrepreneur, and chief executive officer and chairman of America Online born on August 21, 1958, In U.S.
He is born to Daniel H. Case and Carol. He had been the third among the four children born to his parents. His father had been a corporate lawyer and his mother was a teacher.
In 1985, He married Joanne Barker. The couple has three children together. In 1996, They divorced. After two years, He married his associate at ‘AOL’, named Jean Villanueva. Jean and Case live together with five children, all from their previous marriages.
He received his primary school education from the ‘Punahou School’. In 1980, He had completed his graduation from ‘Williams College’ located in Williamstown, Massachusetts, with a degree in political science.
When He had been six years old, the lad along with his brother started a juice center together and eventually founded a firm known as Case Enterprises. After his graduation, Case got employed with the company Procter & Gamble in Cincinnati, Ohio as an assistant brands manager. He had worked there for two years, and in 1982, He had shifted to Pizza Hut Inc. located in Wichita, Kansas where He had been designated as the manager of new pizza marketing. In 1985, Entrepreneur Jim Kimsey established the company ‘Quantum Computer Services’ and appointed Case as the vice president of marketing. In 1991, He had become the CEO of the ‘Quantum Computer Services’ and in this position, He had changed the name of the company to America Online (AOL) and incorporated the AppleLink and PC-Link into the company. In 2001, The multinational media company Time Warner took AOL and the organization gave growth to a large company involved with entertainment, media, and communication. In 2005, He established an investment company named Revolution LLC forward with Donn Davis and Tige Savage. In 2013, He founded the Revolution Ventures fund with investors David Golden and Tige Savage. This firm spent on companies like Busbud, BenchPrep, OrderUp, RunKeeper, and Homesnap.
- His middle name is McConnell.
- He is the co-founder of the mass media company AOL (America Online), which has been the first of its kind in social media.
- Steve, as the head of the ‘Quantum Computer Services’, revised the company, naming it ‘America Online’ and bringing in a new approach towards mass communication.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1994, He had been awarded Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year.
- In 2009, He had been received Junior Achievement U.S. Business Hall of Fame.
- In 2011, He had been elected as the Citizen Regent of the Smithsonian Institution.
- In 2014, He Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Steve Case, Do your work faithfully. Believe in yourself. Never listen to other’s talk.