Swapna Barman who is the winner of women’s heptathlon gold medal in Asian Games 2018, Indonesia born on 29 October 1996, In West Bengal, India.
She is the daughter of late Pancham Barman. His father was a rickshaw driver. His mother Basana Devi, worked at the tea estate. She has three siblings.
She had been rejected by her coach, Subhash Sarkar when she first came to him to train her for the High jump. He had been looking for athletes in other areas also, but when he had watched Swapna’s performance in the high jump which was full of power and an undying strength, He selected her and started training her. In 2014, She stood 5th in Asian Games 2014 which was held in Incheon, South Korea. She had been given a scholarship of 1.5 Lakh in 2016 after recognizing her talent. In the next year 2017, Swapna ranked first in the Heptathlon at the 2017 Asian Athletics Championships held at Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar. She also won gold at the Patiala Federation Cup 2017. The 21-year-old Barman logged 6026 points from the seven events competed for two days. En route to the title, she won the high jump with 1003 points and javelin throw with 872 points events and finished second-best in the shot put 707 points and long jump 865 points. In 2018, Swapna became the first Indian to win a Heptathlon gold at the Asian Games and her story has now become especially famous.
- She has six toes on each foot.
- She had been given a scholarship of Rs 1.5 Lakh in 2016.
- Lata Mangeshkar is her favorite singer.
- Swapna Barman becomes first Indian heptathlete to win Asian Games Gold.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2014, she received the 5th Place in Heptathlon in Incheon Asiad Main Stadium.
- In 2017, She received the Gold Medal in Heptathlon.
- In 2018, She received the Gold Medal in Heptathlon.
What can we learn from Her??
Like Swapna Barman, Make your goal in your mind.