Ted Turner, Who is an American Media Mogul and known as businessman born on 18 November 1938, In Ohio, U.S.
He is the son of Florence and Robert Edward Turner II. His father had his own company.
Ted married and divorced three times in his life. In 1970, He married Judy Nye and divorced in 1964. After one year In 1965, He married Jane Shirley Smith and divorced in 1988. In 1991, He married an Actress Jane Fonda and divorced in 2001. Ted has 5 children.
He completed his school education at The McCallie School, A private boys school in Chattanooga, Tennessee. After completing his school education, He attended the Brown University.
In 1960, His father made him a manager of Turner Advertising’s Macon, Georgia, branch. When he was 24, After his father’s death, Ted became the president and chief executive of Turner Advertising Company. In the 1960s, He had begun to buy the southern radio station. In 1976, Turner had bought the Atlanta Braves and Atlanta Hawks. In 1978, Turner had struck a deal with a student-operated radio station at MIT, Technology Broadcasting System. In the 1980s, Turner had started coloring films but eventually decided the cost was impractical. In 1985, He had used some of his profits to buy Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM). In 1988, He purchased the Jim Crockett Promotions, Later he renamed it World Championship Wrestling. In 1992, He had made the Cartoon Network in addition to launching Turner Network Television (TNT) and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). In 1996, with Turner had Broadcasting a leader in both the television and Internet industries, Turner had sold the company to Time Warner for $7.5 billion dollars. The following year, Turner had taken a stab at an entirely new business venture, A steakhouse serving bison, called Ted’s Montana Grill.
- His nicknames are “Mouth of the South”, Terrible Ted” and “Captain Outrageous.”
- He was suspended from the Brown University.
- In 1986, He founded the Goodwill Games.
- In the 1979 Fastnet race, In a storm that killed 15 participants, He had skippered Tenacious to a corrected-time victory.
- In 1999, Turner had made a joke about Polish mine detectors when asked about Pope John Paul II. Later the harsh response from the Polish deputy foreign minister Radek Sikorski, Turner apologized.
- Turner had caused a stir in Montana in 2003 by funding a project to restore Westslope cutthroat trout to Cherry Creek and Cherry Lake. The controversy had stemmed from the poison antimycin used to kill the other fish in the stream to make way for the trout.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1989, He received the Paul White Award.
- In 1991, He won the Time magazine’s Man of the year award.
- In 2004, He won the Star on the Hollywood Walk of fame.
- In 2004, He received the Lifetime Achievement award for the sport.
- In 2015, He received the Lifetime Achievement award for the News and documentary.
What can we learn from him??
Like Ted Turner, Make your dream high and work for to achieve your dream. Never display your laziness in your performance. Never afraid to admit you have made a mistake.