Tiger Woods is an American professional golfer, most successful golfer and highest-paid athletes in the world, born on 30 December 1975, In Cypress, California.
His father Earl Woods and Mother Kultida “Tida” Woods. His mother originally from Thailand. Woods grew up in Orange County, California.
Education and Career:
At age three, He had shot a 48 over nine holes at the Navy course. At the age of 6, He won the under – 10 competitions at Navy Golf Course. In 1989, At the age of 13, Woods played his first major national junior tournament. When he was 15 years old, He attended the Western High School in Anaheim. He had been named 1991’s Southern California Amateur Player of the Year and Golf Digest Junior Amateur Player of the Year. In 1994, Woods had been recruited by college golf powers and chose Stanford University. Here, He won the U.S. Amateur Championship. In 1995, He entered at Stanford University on a Golf Scholarship. At there he again won the U.S. Amateur Championship. In 1997, After winning his first major, the Master’s Tournament, He made history. After two months, He became the no 1 player in the world. This was the fastest time in which any golfer had reached that position.
In November 2003, Woods engaged to Elin Nordegren, who is former Swedish model. On October 5, 2004, They got married. They have two children, Daughter name is Sam Alexis Woods and Son name is Charlie Axel Woods.
In 2003-2004, After his best performance, he was not able to win any championship, And he loses the No 1 position. Within a year, Woods came back and won his No 1 position. In April 2006, Woods had to fail to get his fifth Championship.
On August 23, 2010, Woods and his wife Erin divorced.
- He received the nickname “Tiger” in honor of his father’s friend Col.
- His another nickname was “Urkel”.
- His favorite food is McDonald’s cheeseburgers and Taco Bell.
- His father always called him “Sam”
- Tiger had donated $3 million to the Haitian earthquake in 2010.
- Tiger had eaten nine cheeseburgers When he posted his first Masters dinner.
- At the age of 12, He broke 70 stroke barrier for the first time.
- On May 29, 2017, Woods had been arrested near Jupiter, Florida by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2013, 09 and 2008, He received the Best Male Golfer ESPY award.
- In 2002, He received the Best Record-Breaking Performance ESPY award.
- In 1999, He received the Associated Press Male Athlete of the Year award.
- In 1998, He received the Showstopper of the Year ESPY award.
What can we learn from him??
Like Tiger Woods, Everyone to do struggle in their life. If you want success, you have to work hard.