Tim Cook, Who is an American Business executive and new CEO of Apple Inc, born on November 1, 1960, In Alabama, U.S.
He is the son of Donald Cook, who was shipyard worker and his wife Geraldine, Who worked at Pharmacy.
Tim Cook never married in his life. He is openly gay. He doesn’t like to give interviews.
He completed his school education at Robertsdale High School. In 1982, He received the Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from Auburn University. In 1988, He earned the MBA degree from Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business.
After completing his graduation at Auburn University, He started work at IBM. At IBM, He spent 12 years, worked as a director of North American fulfillment. During this time, He earned his MBA degree. Cook served as Chief Operating Officer in Intelligent Electronics. After three years, He appointed as a Vice-president of corporate materials at Compaq Computer Corporation. In March 1998, Cook joined the Apple. At Apple, he served as a senior vice president of worldwide operations. Cook had been very excited about streamlining the company’s supply chain and operations. He had closed the company’s factories and warehouses, replacing them with contract manufacturers. He had implemented steps to cut costs, which was combined with Apple’s marketing innovations helped to turnaround the fortunes of the company. In January 2007, He appointed as Chief Operating Officer in Apple. when Apple CEO suffered from cancer, Cook served as CEO of Apple. Tim Cook named as new CEO of Apple on August 24, 2011.
- At the teenage, His first job was delivering the newspaper.
- Before joining the Apple, Tim worked at former rival IBM for 12 years.
- Cook wanted to be an Engineer.
- When Cook joined the Apple, Apple company was struggling to survive, but within a one year of his joining, Company earned more profits and became the World’s largest Information Technology company.
- In 2012, Cook donated $50 million to Stanford hospitals near apple silicon Willey headquarter.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2011, He named one of the Forbes magazines, “World’s Most Powerful People”.
- In 2014, He won the Financial Times person of the year award.
- In 2015, He won the Ripple of Change award.
- In 2015, He received the Human Rights Campaign’s visibility award.
What can we learn from him??
Like Tim Cook, do not try to be What you are not.do not afraid to accept challenges.