Tom Hardy who is British Actor and Film producer born on 15 September 1977, In London, England.
He is the son of Edward Hardy, a novelist, and writer and his wife Anne Hardy, an Irish artist and painter.
In 1999, Tom Hardy married producer Sarah Ward. They divorced in 2004 due to his drug addiction problems, After which He went to a rehab. In 2003-04, he was in a relationship with actress Linda Park and lived with her for a year. He has a son, Louis, with his ex-girlfriend Rachael Speed. After four years of togetherness, They left in 2009. He and actress Charlotte Riley got married in July 2014. In October 2015, their first child was born.
He had attended Tower House School, Reed’s School, and Duff Miller Sixth Form College, Before he discovered his passion for acting, and pursued it at Richmond Drama School. He later had joined Drama Centre London in September 1998.
At the age of 21, Despite his turbulent youth, Tom Hardy won The Big Breakfast competition ‘Find Me a Supermodel’ in 1998. In 2003, He did the film ‘dot the I’, a psychological thriller, and soon after, He had traveled to Morocco for ‘Simon: An English Legionnaire’, a film about a young Englishman during the French-Algerian conflict. In the same year, He did ‘LD 50 Lethal Dose’ a UK horror film. In 2005, He had been starred in the BBC miniseries ‘The Virgin Queen’, wherein he portrayed Robert Dudley, a childhood friend of Elizabeth I. In 2006, he appeared in BBC Four’s ‘A for Andromeda’, a remake of a 1961 TV series. In 2011, He had worked in the film ‘Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy’, an adaptation of the 1979 TV miniseries on BBC TV. In the same year, his portrayal of Tommy Riordan, in the film ‘Warrior’, earned him appreciations from critics. In 2015, he had worked in five films, “Child 44”, “Mad Max: Fury Road”, “Legend”, and “Dunkirk”. He appears in BBC One TV series ‘Taboo’, which is created by Steven Knight, Hardy, and his father Edward. Hardy has written the story.
- His real name is Edward Thomas Hardy
- In 1998, Tom Hardy won The Big Breakfast Find Me a Supermodel competition at the age of 21.
- Tom Hardy has struggled with drug addiction. His problems started at the young age of eleven.
- His major television roles include the acclaimed war drama ‘Band of Brothers’. His performances in ‘The Virgin Queen’, ‘Wuthering Heights’, and ‘Peaky Blinders’ also gained him critical praise.
- In 2015, Tom slammed a reporter for being asked about his sexuality
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2011, he received the MTV Movie Award for Best Line From a Movie and Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor for Inception.
- In 2011, He received the BAFTA Award.
- In 2015, He nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for The Revenant.
- In 2016, he received the BFCA Critics’ Choice award.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Tom Hardy, Think positive. Remember that practices make perfect. Never show your laziness in your work.