Tom Waits is an American singer, songwriter, musician, composer, and actor born on December 7, 1949, In California, U.S.
He is the son of Alma Fern McMurray and Jesse Frank Waits. He had one younger sister and one older sister.
In August 1080, He married Kathleen Brennan, a screenwriter. They have three children.
He had attended Hilltop High School and started playing in local bands. He wanted to be a musician but was unimpressed by the musical scene in the 1960s, He had wanted to do something different.
His musical career began when He had been working as a doorman at the Heritage nightclub in San Diego. He had got a chance to play his first gig there for which he had been paid $6. In 1971, He had moved to Los Angeles, brought out his debut album, the folk-influenced ‘Closing Time’ in 1973. The album with its eclectic mix of songs had been reviewed very positively by the experts. His 1980 album named, ‘Heartattack and Vine’, had been his first album to enter the Australian Top 40, which reached 30. By now he had been popular not just in the US but also getting fame in other countries around the world. He had collaborated with theatre director Robert Wilson and writer William S. Burroughs to create the avant-garde musical ‘The Black Rider: The Casting of the Magic Bullets’, in 1990. In 1993, HE had brought out the album titled ‘The Black Rider’ which Waits had written for the eponymous play. Another album titled, ‘Mule Variations’ had been released in 1999 after a gap of six years. He toured widely after the release of this album. In 2000, He had released his two albums, ‘Alice’, and ‘Blood Money’. The songs in both the album had been written years ago and had been based on theatrical collaborations with Robert Wilson.
- His real name is Thomas Alan Waits.
- He had worked as a club doorman, In a pizza restaurant.
- He had been nominated for Oscar.
- His Grammy Award-winning album, ‘Mule Variations’ had been an international hit, charting in 14 countries over the world, peaking at No. 1 on Norway’s album chart. It was accredited gold in the US and Canada.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1992, He received the Grammy Award for Best Alternative Album.
- In 2000, He received the Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Folk Album for ‘Mule Variations.
- In 2011, Waits had been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
What can we learn from Him?
Like Tom Waits, give respect to all. Never ignore anything which related to your career. give your best performance.