Tonya Harding who is a retired American figure skater born on 12 November 1970, In Portland, Oregon, U.S.
She is the daughter of Al Harding and his wife LaVona Golden. Harding had been raised by her mother in East Portland.
In 1990, She had married Jeff Gillooly. They divorced after three years of their marriage. In 1995, Sh married Michael Smith but their marriage ended within a year. In 2010, She married Joseph Price, After meeting him at a restaurant. Tonya and Joseph were blessed with a son on February 19, 2011.
She started her education at Milwaukie High School.
Tonya continued her training with Diane Rawlinson and began participating in several figure skating competitions all over the U.S. In 1986, She had taken part in the ‘U.S. Figure Skating Championships’ and managed to finish sixth. She then competed for the championship for three consecutive years. She went on to master the triple axel jump as she achieved various feats by executing the jump on three different occasions during the 1991 ‘Skate America.’ After becoming the first woman to land a triple axel in a short program, she also became the first woman to land two successful triple axels during the course of a single competition. She then became the first woman to land a triple axel with a double toe loop. Tonya had made her professional boxing debut in 2003. After losing her debut match, she wasn’t seen in any other professional boxing event for a year. In 2004, Tonya was pitted against Amy Johnson and was beaten by Amy. Tonya’s boxing career came to an end rather quickly, owing to her health condition. By the end of her boxing career, Tonya had three wins and three losses.
- Her real name is Tonya Maxene Price.
- She had begun skating at age three.
- She landed her first triple lutz at age 12
- In 1996, Tonya had been seen in an action film titled ‘Breakaway’. In 2002, She had appeared in the famous television game show ‘Weakest Link’.
- In 2008, She had worked as a commentator for the show ‘truTV Presents: World’s Dumbest’.
- In September 1994, “Penthouse” magazine had published stills from a sex tape, which featured Tonya and her then-husband Jeff Gillooly. The tape, which had been sold by Jeff to a television show, became extremely popular and increased Tonya’s popularity. After being mired in several controversies, Tonya Harding decided to build a career in boxing.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1991, She received the Gold Medal, USFSA women’s championship
- In 1992, She received the Bronze medal, USFSA women’s championships.
- In 1999, She received the Second place, ESPN Professional Skating Championships.
What can we learn from Her??
Like Tonya Harding, Never give up in any situation. face your problem and tried to come out of it