Warren Buffett who is an American Business Magnate and now serves as the Chief Executive Officer and chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, Born on 30 August 1930 in Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.
His father Howard Buffett who was U.S. Congressman and Scandinavian by origin, Mother Leila who was Spanish.
In 1952, He Married Susan Thompson at Dundee Presbyterian Church.
In 1942, Buffett Began his education at Rose Hill Elementary School. After moving his family to Washington, He finished his elementary school education from Alice Deal Junior High School. In 1947, He completed his graduation from Woodrow Wilson High School. Buffett always displayed his interest in business and a stock market that’s why he started making and saving money. Buffett worked at his grandfather’s grocery shop when he was in high school where he selling the newspapers, cold drinks to earn money. One of his business, Buffett sold Chewing gum, Coca-cola bottles, and weekly magazines door to door.
Buffett and his friend invested $25 to buy pinball machine in the barber shop to generate income. After some time they had been bought some more pinball machine in another barbershop.
In 1956, He formed the firm Buffett partnership Ltd in his hometown of Omaha. By learning from Graham’s techniques, he was successful in identifying the undervalued companies and became a millionaire He closed out its textile manufacturing division, instead of expanding the company by buying assets in media, insurance, and oil.
In June 2006, Buffett made an announcement that he would be giving his entire fortune away to charity, committing 85 percent of it to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. In February 2013, Buffett purchased H. J. Heinz with private equity group 3G Capital for $28 billion.
- Cheeseburger with a cherry coke is his favorite food.
- He has earned his 99% of wealth after his 50th birthday.
- Buffett joined with Twitter in March 2013. He doesn’t follow anyone on twitter.
- He has donated a total $25 billion to the charities.
- He has sent only one E-mail in his life.
- Bill Gates and Warren Buffett often share a favorite book.
- Buffett thinks that “Gold is a bad investment with no real value”.
- In November 2011, It was announced that over the previous eight months, Buffett had bought 64 million shares of International Business Machine Corp (IBM) stock, It’s worth around $11 billion.
- The lawsuit against David Sokol and Warren Buffett which was relating to Sokol’s trading in shares of Lubrizol, which Berkshire eventually acquired.
Awards and Achievements:
- He was awarded ” Presidential Medal of Freedom” by Barack Obama.
- In 2008, Buffett became the richest person in the world.
- In 2009, He donated billions of dollars to the charity. After then he was ranked as the second richest man in U.S.
What can we learn from Warren Buffett?
If you want to earn more money you have to work with full plan and step by step you would grow more in life.