Yuvraj Singh, The famous player of Indian International Cricket team born on 12 December 1981 in Chandigarh, India.
His father Yograj Singh was former Indian fast bowler and Punjabi actor. His mother is Shabnam Singh. Yuvraj Came from Sikh family. He was active in Tennis and roller skating. he had won the National Under-14 Roller Skating championship.
On 30th November 2016, Yuvraj got married to Bollywood actress Hazel Keech.
Yuvraj was started his study at DEV Public School in Chandigarh. After his parent’s divorce, he chose to live with his mother. He is also Known As a “Yuvi” his nickname. He always plays with the left hand. He is the big fan of the Sachin Tendulkar.
In 1995-96, He started his cricket career from the Punjab Under-14 against Jammu and Kashmir. In 1996-97, He played for Punjab Under-19 against Himachal Pradesh and he scored 137 not out. In 1997, He made his first-class debut against Orissa during the 1997-98 Ranji trophy, But he was dismissed on a Duck in his first innings. His breakout performance came in the under-19 cooch Behar trophy final of 1999 against Bihar at Jamshedpur.
In February of 1999, Yuvraj played for the Under-19 Indian side in the series against Sri Lanka.
In 2000, Yuvraj debuted in first-class cricket against Orissa in the 1999-00 Ranji Trophy season and scored 149 runs against Haryana. In 2000, He was selected for the Indian squad for the 2000 ICC knockOut trophy due to his impressive Under-19 performance. He made his international debut against Kenya in the pre-quarterfinals. In 2001, He was selected in coca-cola cup in Sri Lanka and made impressive 98 not out in the fifth match of the series. In April of 2003, He made his debut ODI century, knocking 102 off 85 balls against Bangladesh at Dhaka.
In the same year, He became the second cricketer to be selected for the Yorkshire County Cricket Club. In October of 2006, Yuvraj started his first Test cricket debut at his home ground of Mohali against New Zealand.
In 2007 in ICC World Twenty20 Super-8 match in Durban, He made a record. He hit 6 sixes in England’s Stuart Broad’s over. In 2007, Yuvraj was named as a vice-captain of the Indian Cricket team after the resignation of the Rahul Dravid under Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s Captaincy.
In 2011, Yuvraj was suffered from lung cancer during the time of World Cup, He wakes up in the middle of the night and found it difficult to breathe. After the World Cup, He scans for chest cavity
revealed a tumor was malignant — a germ cell cancer called a mediastinal, it was located in between his heart and his left lung and it grew about 14 centimeters. His doctor had led him to U.S for chemotherapy on 26 January. His treatment starts from February and ended in March. With this Treatment, he had also taken Ayurveda treatment. In April 2012, Yuvraj made his comeback with Twenty-Twenty against New Zealand. Yuvraj Singh also plays for IPL team of Royal Challengers Bangalore since 2014.
- He wears the jersey with number 12 since his birth date is on 12th of December which is also the 12th month of the year. Yuvi considers 12 to be his lucky number.
- Yuvraj has started ‘YouWeCan’ which he plans to help cancer patients in their treatment.
- Yuvraj also worked in Bollywood movie ‘jumbo’. In this Yuvraj did a voiceover in the movie which is produced by Akshay Kumar.
- Yuvraj’s father did not attend his Marriage.
- Yuvraj’s wife Hazel Keech changed her name to Gurbasant Kaur after their marriage.
- Yuvraj Singh gave the invitation card of his marriage to Prime minister of India with the name of “Narender” instead of “Narendra”
- He had hit six sixes in an over off an up-and-coming 20-year old Stuart Broad.
Awards and Achievements:
- He was awarded as a Porsche 911 by a vice-president of BCCI.
- In 2011, He won the man of the series in the ICC Cricket World Cup.
- He got Arjuna Award in 2012.
- In 2014, He was awarded the Padma Shri award.
What we can learn from Yuvraj Singh??
A struggle develops our strength. just like if you want to be successful in your life you have to face many challenges and work hard.