Zoe Saldana is an American actress and dancer born on June 19, 1978, In New Jersey, U.S.
She is the daughter of Aridio Saldana and his wife Asalia Nazario. She has three siblings their names, her two sisters Cisely and Mariel and a half-brother, Nipo.
Zoe Saldana had been in a relationship with Keith Britton, an actor, and CEO of My Fashion Database. They were engaged in 2010 but parted ways the following year, which ended their 11 years of relationship. In June 2013, She married Marco Perego, an Italian artist. In November 2014, They were blessed with twin sons Bowie Ezio and Cy Aridio.
She soon enrolled herself at ECOS Espacio de Danza Academy where she had been taught varied forms of dance. Ballet turned out to be her first love.
Her ballet training and acting experience had helped her bag her first big screen role. It had been in the film, ‘Center Stage’ and she played the character of Eva Rodriguez, a talented and determined ballet student. The film was released in 2000. In 2002, She had starred in the movie ‘Crossroads’ and the comedy-drama named ‘Drumline’. She had served this up with the character of Anamaria, a female pirate in the blockbuster movie, ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl’, In 2003. From 2005 to 2006, she had been starred in four films, including, ‘Constellation’, ‘Guess Who’, ‘Dirty Deeds’ and ‘Premium’. ‘Guess Who’ and ‘Premium’ had made her play the female lead. The year 2009 had been a blockbuster year for Saldana’s career. After the thriller The Skeptic, Saldana starred in the remake of Star Trek by director J.J. Abrams, in which she played Communications Officer Uhura. The year 2012 saw Saldana making news off-screen by rushing to the aid of a woman who had been injured in a car crash. In 2017 Saldana had returned to her Guardians role in the sequel, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
- Her full name is Zoe Saldana-Perego.
- Asian food is her Favorite.
- Instagram is currently her most used social media app on her phone.
- She doesn’t like long nails.
- Saldana had starred in the Star Trek franchise 2009 film, ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’, reprising her role of Nyota Uhura. The film grossed $467 million worldwide, thus becoming the highest grossing film of the Star Trek enterprise.
- In 2016 Saldana starred as jazz musician Nina Simone in the biopic Nina too much controversy.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2006, She received the ALMA Awards.
- In 2009, She received the Empire Awards.
- In 2009, She received the Teen Choice Award.
- In 2018, She received the Teen Choice Award.
What can we learn from her??
Like Zoe Saldana, Build community and collaborate. Always be gentle in leadership.