Al Pacino, who is an American actor, filmmaker, and known as screenwriter born on 25 April 1940, In New York City, U.S.
He is the son of Salvatore Pacino and his wife Rose. His father worked as an Insurance salesman and restaurateur. His parents divorced when he was two years old. His mother took him with her parents.
He has never been married. He has three children, Daughter Julie Marie from Acting Coach Jan Tarrant and twins son Anton James Pacino and daughter Olivia Rose Pacino with the actress Beverly D’Angelo. With her, He had a relationship from 1996 until 2003.
He attended the Herman Ridder Junior High School. but in secondary school, He had dropped out of many classes except English. He had subsequently attended the High School of Performing Arts, He had dropped out of school at age 17.
After left his home, He had joined the HB studio, where he had met his acting teacher Charlie Laughton, Who became his mentor and best friend. During his training days, he was Homeless, sometimes he had to sleep on the street. He had been cast as ‘Bobby’ in the 1971 movie ‘The Panic in Needle Park’. The movie didn’t get a great success, but his acting skills attract the attention. He had shot to unprecedented fame with the movie ‘The Godfather’, released in 1972. The movie had received wide critical praise and won three Academy Awards. In 1974, He appeared in the second movie of Godfather series, The Godfather: Part II. In 1975, He worked in ‘Dog Day Afternoon’ movie, Which earned more success, and for this, he was nominated for the Best Actor. In 1980, His career was slumped and his movies were not more successful. In 1985, He worked on his personal project, ‘The Local Stigmatic’. In 1990, He starred in the box office hit film ‘Dick Tracy’. He also starred in third and final Godfather series, ‘ The Godfather Part III’. During the 1990s, He acted in several successful films such as ‘Frankie and Johnny’, ‘Glengarry Glen Ross’, ‘Scent of a Woman’, ‘Heat’, and many other films. In 2000, He directed and worked in the film ‘Chinese Coffee’. He directed a movie based on Oscar Wilde, ‘Wilde Salome’, In 2011.
- He dropped out from the school at the age of 17.
- He began smoking at the age of nine and drinking at age thirteen.
- He is the method actor.
- He has never been married.
- Pacino worked in the film ‘Scent of a Woman’. This movie earned US$63,095,253 in the US and $71 million Internationally. Thie movie totally earned the worldwide $134,095,253.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1976, He received the British Academy Film award for the Best Actor in leading role.
- In 1991, He won the American Comedy award for the Best supporting actor in the Dick Tracy film.
- In 1993, He received the Academy Award for Best actor role in Scent of a Woman film.
- In 2004, He won the Primetime Emmy award for the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie.
What can we learn from him??
Like Al Pacino, Know your strength. Never show your emotions to other.