Azim Premji is an Indian Business tycoon, inventor, and chairman of Wipro, The Biggest I.T company in India, born on 24 July 1945, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
His father Hashim Premji incorporated Western India Vegetable Products Ltd. based in the small town in Maharashtra. His father known as a businessman and Rice King of Burma.
He married to Yasmeen. They have two children, whose names are Rishad and Tariq. Rishad serves as Chief Strategy Officer for IT business in WIPRO
Azim was studying engineering in Bachelor of Science in Electrical engineering at Stanford University, U.S.A. at the age of 21, He returned to home after knowing his father died.
After With his deep insight and vision, Azim Premji realized that IT is the way of the future and that was where success and his interest lay. After he converted his father’s company to WIPRO. Azim collaborated with an American Company Senior in the computer corporation to take WIPRO to new heights and turned around the family business to software that changes the world every day to this day. In July 2007, He was listed in top 30 entrepreneurs in India. Azim Premji is informally known as the Czar of the Indian IT Industry.
- He took charge of Wipro at the age of 21.
- He considers JRD Tata as his icon.
- He gave the half of the stakes in Wipro to charity.
- He was voted among the 20 most powerful men in the world by Asiaweek.
- In 2001, He founded Azim Premji Foundation, which is the non-profit organization.
- Azim Premji speaks on an H1B visa which is banned for Indian from Donald Trump.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2002, He received an honorary doctorate from Manipal Academy of Higher education.
- In 2004, He listed in 100 most influential people in the world.
- In 2005, He honored with Padma Bhushan.
- In 2009, He honorary doctorate for his philanthropic work at Wesleyan University in Middletown.
- In 2013, He received the Asian Business leaders and Lifetime Achievement award.
What can we learn from him?
Like Azim Premji, Know your inner strength, to stick to your decision. Have faith in yourself.