George Best who was a Northern Irish professional football player and had played as a winger of Manchester United, born on 22 May 1946, In Belfast, Northern Ireland.
He was the son the Richard “Dickie” Best and his wife Anne Best. His father was the member of the Orange Order. Best had four sisters, Carol, Barbara, Julie, and Grace and had one brother Ian.
In 1978, He had married Angela MacDonald-Janes, an English Model. They have one son, Calum. The couple divorced after the eight years of marriage. In 1995, Best married to the second wife Alex Pursey. They divorced after the nine years of marriage.
At the age 11, Best got the scholarship to Grosvenor High School, Then he moved to Lisnasharragh Secondary School, reuniting friends from primary school and allowing him to focus on football.
In 1961, George had undergone a proper trial and had been signed by Joe Armstrong, the chief scout at ‘Manchester United. In 1963, Best had made his debut for ‘Manchester United’ against the West Bromwich Albion at ‘Old Trafford’, Which is the United’s home stadium. In that, he had played very well and won the match. he played 26 matches and had scored 6 goals. In the same year, he had played his first match for Ireland in Under-18, youth team. as soon he made his debut for the senior team against England. for Ireland, He played 37 matches and scored 9 goals. In the next season of 1964-1965, He had become a regular in the side and played most matches. That season, United had won the league title and had reached the semi-finals of FA Cup. In the 1965-1966 season, Best established himself as a great player by scoring 17 goals in 43 matches. In the season of 1966-1967, He had been influential in helping the ‘Manchester United’ claim both their 7th league title and the charity shield, scoring 10 goals in 45 games. The season 1967-1968 was the most outstanding year of his career, He had been the highest scorer in the League, He had scored 28 goals in 41 matches. In the next season, He had continued his hot streak and scored 22 goals in 55 matches. During 1970, He had to start to get entangled in a lot of discipline issues, such as being booked for misconduct, He had missed a match to spend a weekend with actress Sinead Cusack. He scored overall 179 goals in 470 games for United.
He died On 25 November 2005 at the age of 59, Due to Lung Infection and had multiple organs failure, which had caused by side effect of his medication.
- His first name was Ronald Samuel Best.
- As a youngest, He had been rejected by the Irish club Glentoran.
- He had once appeared on top of the Pops.
- He had released a keep fit album ‘Shape up and Dance’.
- George was the special one, He was the Best Player in the history.
- On Some occasion, He had punched his wife in the face and when he was drunk he had been generally abused her and other girlfriends he had
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1968, He received the Ballon d’Or award.
- In 2002, He received the BBC Sports Personality of the year award.
- In 2002, He received the Lifetime Achievements Award.
- In 2003, He received the UEFA Jubilee award.
- In 2006, He won the PFA Merit award.
- In 2008, He received the European Hall of Fame of the year award.
What can we learn from Him??
Like George Best, Believe in yourself. Never expect from other and never depend on other. do your work with your strength.