John Williams who is an American pianist and composer born on 8 February 1932, In Floral Park, New York, U.S.
He is the son of Johnny Williams and his wife Esther. His father was a jazz percussionist with CBS radio orchestra. He has two brothers, Donald Williams, and Jerry Williams.
In 1956, He had married an American Actress and singer Barbara Ruick. They had three children, Jennifer, Joseph, and Mark. In 1974, Barbara passed away. In 1980, He married Samantha Winslow, a Photographer.
He attended North Hollywood High School and completed his school education in 1950. later he attended the University of California and studied privately with the Italian composer Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco for some time.
In 1955, He had attended the Juilliard School in New York City and studied Piano with Rosina Lhevinne. In 1958, He composed his first film “Daddy-O”. After the first composition, He composed music for films like, ‘Peter Gunn’, ‘Days of Wine and Roses’, and such Tv programs like ‘Bachelor Father’, ‘Kraft Suspense Theatre’, Lost in Space’, etc. After some compositions, During the early in the 1970s, He gained reputations and made a name himself with the musical scores for the films, “Fiddler on the Roof”, “Images”, “The Poseidon Adventure”, earthquake”, and “The Cowboys”. In 1974, He composed music for Steven Spielberg directed the movie “The Sugarland Express”. This marked the very long director-composer bond between them. In 1978, He worked with director Richard Donner for his film “Superman” Spielberg and John also worked together in ‘E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial’ in 1982, ‘Empire of the Sun’ in 1987, ‘Jurassic Park’ in 1993, etc. He scored the music for the first three installments of Harry Potter film franchise. In 2008, He has scored music for ‘Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull’, for that he received the Grammy award nomination. He has also composed two documentaries films, ‘Warner at War’ and ‘A Timeless Call’. In 2015, He gave the music score for ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’. That movie earned him his 50th Academy Award nomination.
- His Full name is John Towner Williams.
- He has more Academy Awards Nominations than Anyone Else Alive.
- He has a long collaboration with Steven Spielberg.
- He met Steven Spielberg on the blind lunch date.
- He is one of the first composers ever who honored with 50 Oscar nominations.
- He composes music by using a pencil and paper.
Awards and Achievement:
- In 1967, He received his first Academy Award nomination.
- In 1971, He won the Academy Award for “Fiddler on the Roof”.
- He has been nominated for 67 Grammy Awards and won 23 of them.
- In 2005, He won the BAFTA Awards.
- In 2009, He won the Emmy award.
What Can we learn from Him??
Like John Williams, Know your inner skill and develop your skill and achieve that what you want.