Justin Trudeau is 23rd and current Prime Minister of Canada who the leader of the Liberal Party born on 25 December 1971, In Canada.
He is the son of Pierre Trudeau who was the former Prime Minister of Canada and his wife Margaret Trudeau. He has two brothers. His two younger brothers are Alexandre (Sacha) and Michel, both are younger. He has two sisters, Sarah Elisabeth Coyne, and Alicia Kemper.
On may 28, 2005, He married his childhood friend Sophie Gregoire. The couple has three children. Xavier James, Ella-Grace Margaret, and Hadrian Gregoire.
Trudeau had received the BA degree in literature from McGill University, a B.Ed degree from the University of British Columbia, and an engineering degree from Universite de Montreal.
He had started his political career by seeking the Liberal Party nomination in the district of Papineau. On April 29, 2007, He had picked up 690 votes to 350 for Deros and 220 for Giordano, thereby winning the nomination. October 14, 2008, He had won the next year election of Papineau, by defeating Vivian Barbot of Bloc Québécois party. In 2008, Trudeau has entered the parliament as a member of the Official Opposition. In October 2009, He had been appointed as the party’s critic for multiculturalism and youth. September 2009 saw him take the post of the critic again for youth, citizenship, and immigration. Justin Trudeau had won the Canadian federal election in Papineau on May 2, 2011. On October 2012, After the resignation of the Liberal Party leader Michael Ignatieff, Trudeau had launched his leadership bid of the Liberal Party. On April 14, 2013, Trudeau had won both his fellow leadership candidates Marc Garneau and Joyce Murray and became the leader of the Liberal Party with 80.1% of 30,800 votes. On November 4, 2015, Justin Trudeau had been sworn in by governor general David Johnston as Canada’s 23rd Prime Minister. Trudeau had been the first member of the 40th Parliament of Canada to bring in a private member’s motion. He called for a “national voluntary service policy for young people”.
- He is the second youngest PM.
- Before Becoming A Politician, He had been a High School Teacher.
- Justin is great at Bollywood dancing.
- On March 31, 2012, He had participated in a charity boxing match on behalf of the cancer research fundraising incident ‘Fight for the Cure’ and defeated the Conservative senator Patrick Brazeau.
- In May 2016, He had been involved of elbowing Ruth Ellen Brosseau and manhandled another in angry exchanges in House of Commons, He had made an apology for this later
Awards and Achievements:
- Justin Trudeau is one of the most loved politicians across the world.
- In 2013, He earned his party leadership and had been a consistent force in opposition despite Liberal Party dropping down to 3rd in 2011 federal elections.
What can we learn from Him??
- Like Justin Trudeau, Try being in the right place at the right time for right opportunity.