Lawrence Edward Page, Who is an American Computer scientist, Internet entrepreneur and founder of Google with Sergey Brin was born on March 26, 1973, In East Lansing U.S. Page is CEO of Google’s parent company, Alphabet inc.
Page’s father, Carl Victor Page received the Ph.D. degree in computer science from the University of Michigan in 1965. He was a computer science professor at Michigan State University. Page’s mother, Gloria was an Instructor in computer Programming at Lyman Briggs college.
In 2007, Larry Page married Lucinda Southworth, who is a research scientist and the sister of actress and model Carrie Southworth. These couples have two children born in 2009 and 2011.
Page was the first attracted to the computer when he was 6 years old. Page complete his elementary school education from Okemos Montessori school in Okemos from 1975-1979 and graduate from East Lansing High School in 1991. Page holds a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering from the University of Michigan, with honor and master of science in computer science from Stanford University. After enrolling in computer science Ph.D. program at Stanford University, Page was considered doing research on telepresence and autonomous cars during this time.
At that time Page focused on the problem of finding out which web pages link to given pages, considering the number and nature of such backlinks as valuable information for that page. In 1998, Brin and Page incorporated Google, Inc, with the initial domain name of “Googol” derived from a number that consists of one followed by one hundred zeros. following inception, Page appointed himself as a CEO, while Brin named Google’s co-founder, served as a Google’s president. Google is often called as the invention of two young computer whizzes – Sergey and Larry. But the truth is that Google is a creation of Larry Page, Helped along by Sergey Brin. In June 2000, Google had been indexed one Billion Internet URL (Uniform Resource Locators) making it the highest search engine on the web at the time. Currently, Google processes 40,000 search queries per second. Page is also an inventor of Pagerank, Google’s best-known search ranking algorithm.
Page hand over the CEO of Google position to Sundar Pichai in 2015.
- The Google homepage is so simple because when it was created neither, Larry nor Brin know HTML.
- In 1998, Larry and Brin wanted to sell their algorithms to Excite and Yahoo. but they were turned down because it was too effective.
- In 2011, Page became the owner of the US$ 45 million 193-ft superyachts ‘Senses’, which was comes equipped with a helipad, gym, multi-level sun decks, ten luxury suites, a crew of 14 and interior design by famed French designer Philippe Starck.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2002, Page named a World Economic Forum Global Leader for tomorrow.
- In 2004, Page and Brin received the Marconi Prize.
- In 2011, Page was ranked 24th on the Forbes list of Billionaires and 11th richest person in U.S.
What can we learn from him??
Like Larry Page, Continuously make small improvements and take perfection in your work, And pay attention to your crazy ideas and cultivate the best of them.