Michael S. Dell is an American Businessman, Author, and Founder of Dell Technologies born on 23 February 1965, In Houston, Texas, U.S.
He is the son of Alexander Dell, an orthodontist and his wife Lorraine Charlotte, a stockbroker. Michael comes from Jewish Family. He has one brother Adam Dell.
On 28 October 1989, Dell married Susan Lieberman in Austin, Texas. The couple has four children, Kira Dell, Juliette Dell, Alexa Dell, and Zachary Dell.
He had started his school education at Herod Elementary School in Houston. At the age eight, He applied to take High school equivalency exam. He completed his college education at the University of Texas, Austin.
During his college days, He had started the business putting together and selling upgrade kits for personal computers. In January 1984, Michael registered his company as ‘PCs Limited’. But After few months he had changed the name of company Dell Computer Corporation. Michael Dell relocated the company to a business center in North Austin. In 1992, At the age of 27, Michael Dell become the youngest CEO of the company, Which ranked in Fortune magazine’s list of top 500 corporations. Later he had been started selling computers over the web. In the same year, His company Dell computer corporation launched the first server named Dell Inc. After Launching their first server Dell Inc reached the world market share of 12.8 % and became the world’s largest PC maker. Dell also founded the MSD Capital L.P to manage his family’s investment activities, which included publicly traded security, Private equity activities and real estate. In 1999, Dell along with his wife Susan established the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation. On March 2004, Michael Dell resigned as a CEO but served as a chairman of Dell Inc Board. On 31 January 2007, Dell returned as a CEO on the request of the board.
- His middle name is Saul.
- At the age of 12, He started a business by forming a direct marketing company.
- In 1999, He published a book named, “Direct from Dell: Strategies that Revolutionized an Industry”
- Michael is a very Shy person.
- In 1992, Michael Dell Became the Youngest CEO of his company.
- In 2010, Dell Inc had agreed to pay a $100 million penalty to settle charges of accounting fraud that was filed by the Security and Exchange Commission in relation to undisclosed payments from Intel Corporation.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1999, He had named as The CEO of the Year.
- In 2013, He received the Bower Award.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Michael Dell, Always Be strategic in life. Learn from your mistakes.