Nicki Minaj who is a Trinidadian-American rapper, singer, and songwriter born on 8 December 1982, In Saint James, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.
She is the daughter of Robert Maraj, who worked as a Financial executive and his wife Carol Maraj, was a foreign exchange teller and gospel singer. She has four siblings, two brothers Brandon Lamar, Micaiah Maraj, and two sisters Ming Maraj, Jelani Maraj.
In 2015, She became engaged hip hop recording artist Meek Mill.
Her mother had moved to New York and attended the Monroe College. Later She attended the LaGuardia High School, In New York.
She had begun her musical career rapping in a foursome called “The Hoodstars”. which included 7even Up, Lou$tar, and Scaff Breezy. In 2004, “The Hoodstars” recorded the song named “Don’t Mess With”, which had been a contribution to a compilation album for the WWE, called “ThemeAddict: WWE The Music”, Vol. 6. After sometimes Minaj left the Hoodstars. On July 5, 2007, She released her first mixtape, “Playtime is Over”. In the next year, she released a follow up entitled “Sucka Free” In April. On March 29, 2010, She released her debut album named “Massive Attack”, This album featured the hit song “Your Love”. later She released “Super Bass” on Pink Friday, which reached number 3 on a Billboard’s Hot 100 and certified octuple-platinum in the United States. In 2012, She performed “Give Me All Your Luvin” for the 2012 Super Bowl Halftime show. In June 2012, She gave her voice the character Steffie in “Ice Age: Continental Drift”. In September 2012, She became a judge on the television reality show “American Idol”, along with the judge, Mariah Carey, Randy Jackson, and Keith Urban.
- Her full name is Onika Tanya Maraj.
- pink is her favorite color.
- She had been fired from her waitress job at Red Lobster in the Bronx because of her discourtesy to customers.
- She had been the first female singer to top Billboard’s Hot Rap Songs Chart since 2002.
- She had been the first female rap artist to perform at Yankee Stadium.
- In November 2012, Minaj had Accused Rock Musician Steven Tyler and American journalist Barbara Walters as racists over comments surrounding her American Idol feud with Mariah Carey
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2012, She received the MTV video music award.
- In 2013, She received the people choice award.
- In 2013, She received the Teen choice award.
- She won 10 BET awards.
What Can we learn from her??
Like Nicki Minaj, Always ready to learn from your mistakes, never hide your mistakes. Take perfection in your work.