Oprah Winfrey is an American Media proprietor and Talk show host born on 29 January 1954, In Kosciusko, Mississippi, U.S.
She is a daughter of unmarried teenage mother Vernita Lee. Her biological father was Vernon Winfrey. She has one half-sister, Patricia Lee Lloyd, and one half-brother, Jeffrey Lee.
She never gets married in her life. She was in the relationship with his Highschool sweetheart Anthony Otey. In 1971, she broke the relationship with him.
She started to go to Lincoln High School but after the success in the Upward Bound program, she had transferred to the Nicolet High School.
In 1976, She moved to Baltimore’s WJZ-TV to host co-anchor the six o’clock news. In 1977, She removed as co-anchor and worked as a lower profile position at the station. She also hosted the local version Dialing for Dollars on August 14, 1978. In 1983, She moved to Chicago and hosted the WLS-TV’s law rated half morning talk show. In 1985, She worked in Steven Spielberg’s The Color Purple movie. She nominated for an Academy Award for her best supporting role in this. In 1993, She hosted the prime-time interview with Michael Jackson. In October 1998, She produced and starred in the film Beloved. She appeared Late Show with David Letterman on December 1, 2005, to promote the new Broadway Musical The Color Purple. Winfrey has written five books. She also published a magazine, O, The Oprah Magazine, O at Home. On February 9, 2006, that was announced that Winfrey had signed a three-year with $55 million contracts with XM Satellite Radio to establish a new radio channel.
- She had learned to read at the age of 3.
- In 1994, She trained to run her first marathon.
- She begins her days with prayer or Meditation.
- At the age of 14, She became a pregnant and gave birth a baby boy, Who died shortly after birth.
- The Media Mogul was tweeted controversial message on Barack Obama’s pic that “everybody takes a deep breath”.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1996, She won the Peabody award.
- In 2002, She received the Bob Hope Humanitarian Award.
- In 2005, She received the International Emmy Founders Award
- In 2010, She won the Kennedy Center Honors.
- In 2011, She won the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award.
What can we learn from Her??
Like Oprah Winfrey, Keep your dreams right in front of you. enjoy your work and give your best performance.