Rupert Murdoch who is an Australian born American Media mogul born on 11 March 1931, In Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
He is the son of Sir Keith Murdoch and his wife Dame Elisabeth Murdoch. His father was a reporter, editor, and senior executive of the Herald and Weekly Times newspaper publishing company.
Rupert Murdoch married four times. In 1956, He married Patricia Booher who was former Air Hostess. They had one daughter. They divorced in 1967. Later he married Scottish Journalist Anna Maria Torv in 1967. They had three children. After 32 years, the couple divorced. After divorced, he married Business Women Wendi Deng in 1999. They have two daughters. They divorced in 2013. In 2016, He married former model Jerry Hall.
He earned his education at Geelong Grammar School in Australia. During this time, He worked the part-time job at the ”Melbourne Heral’. later he went England to continue his studies at Worcester College’, belonging to the ‘University of Oxford.
In 1952 at the age of 21, After his father’s death, He returned back from Oxford and handle their family business “News Limited”, which was established by his father. Rupert gained major success from one of his newspaper ‘Adelaide News’. From 1956-60, Rupert Murdoch attracted his attention to the news firms from other media companies, and he had handled to buy ‘Sunday Times’ in Perth, Western Australia and ‘The Daily Mirror’. During the year 1961, He had launched ‘The Australian’, Which was the nation’s first Daily and had its initial operations in Canberra, before shifting base to Sydney. In 1968, The Australian media tycoon entered the British market and had taken over ‘News of the World’, following it up the next year with ‘The Sun’. From 1972 to 1976, He purchased papers Including “The Daily Telegraph’, ‘San Antonio Express-News’, and ‘The New York post’. In 1990, He had Launched a telecommunications firm in Britain, called the ‘BSkyB’. After the three years, News Corporation had taken over the charge of telecasting the ‘National Football League’ (NFL), from competitors ‘CBS’. In the years 1996 to 1998, He took several significant business decision including the launch of an all-day ‘Fox News Channel’. In 1999, He bought Australian music company named ‘Mushroom Records’.
- He owned his first newspaper at the age of 22.
- He had Invented The Modern Tabloid.
- He is one of the 100 richest people in the world.
- In 2010, He donated $1 million every to the organizations such as “U.S. Chamber of Commerce”, and “Republican Governors Association”.
- In 1995, The businessman Rupert Murdoch faced controversy, When he had been accused of illegally holding power over ‘Fox Network’. This claim was soon ruled out by the ‘Federal Communications Commission’ (FCC), Who said that his control was beneficial for the network.
Awards and Achievements:
- Rupert was honored with the ‘Companion of the Order of Australia’ by the Nation’s Government.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Rupert Murdoch, Establish your image with yourself. Never depend on anyone.